• Hard Anodized, 46mm bore, aluminum body
• Anodized aluminum shock mounting eye’s with spherical bearings (OE is rubber bushing / needle bearing)
• High pressure nitrogen, monotube design
• High performance deflective disc valving
• 16mm, precision ground, hard chrome rod
• 5 position rebound damping adjuster
• Threaded or RAP pre-load adjusters
• Improved damping characteristics and spring rates result in increased suspension compliance. This allows the rear suspension to more effectively absorb road irregularities, such as bridge abutments and longitudinal pavement cracks without the harshness associated with the OE suspension. Chassis stability is also improved for a more confidence inspiring ride. The 5 position rebound damping adjuster allows the rider to fine tune the shock for comfort and control.
Each length changes the height at the axle approximately one inch.
Every shock includes a R.A.P. mounting bracket. The R.A.P. (Remote Adjust Pre-Load) feature is a hydraulic system that allows for easy spring pre-load adjustment and can be installed with the R.A.P. adjuster mounted in either of the original equipment mount locations (depending on your particular Softail model). Under the seat (R.A.P. knob removed & adjustments made with an 8mm wrench) or behind and forward of the right side panel (knob installed). For Softail models that come factory equipped with a mechanical pre-load adjuster on the OE shock, The R.A.P. adjuster readily installs under the seat.